Re: On naming taxa

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

>>My "dinosaur rectification program" concluded in MM #3 (first printing),
wherein I created the genus Ponerosteus for the species Iguanodon exogyrarum.
The material is very poor  (a ?marrow endocast of a large ?tibia[!]) and the
species really should not have been created at all<<

No, it shouldn't have. The species was clearly a nomen dubium and adding
another name to the literature only complicated the problem. Noting that it
was, in fact, a nomen dubium, was all that was required.

Caitlin R. Kiernan