Re: On naming taxa

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

>>How about, "Sorry, you published your taxonomic names in a non-refereed
publication. We can no longer register such names, and so your names will not
become part of the scientific literature."<<

While I have plenty of problems of my own with Phylocode, I don't think
requiring that new names be published in refereed publications is a bad idea.

>>A parallel situation, regarding
ethnic groups rather than taxonomy, occurred in Nazi Germany during the
1930s, need I remind everyone?<<

And I'll bet I'm not the only one on the list who thinks that comment was
completely uncalled for. Were the analogy not offensive, it would simply be
silly.

Caitlin R. Kiernan