New Jiufotang Formation Bird

Hi All -

Yet another feathery critter, from the latest ish of _Chinese Science Bulletin_ (now available via my Journal Links page, although I can't get the PDF version of this article to come up for some reason...nice color photo of it there, though!), called _Longipteryx chaoyangensis_. The citation:

Zhang, F., Zhou, Z., Hou, L., and Gu, G. 2001. Early diversification of birds: Evidence from a new opposite bird. Chinese Science Bulletin 46(11): 945-950.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Dept of Earth & Environmental Science
University of Pennsylvania