Re: On naming taxa

In a message dated 5/26/01 0:05:57 AM EST, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< As I said before, it's too bad the fossil was given a species name to
begin
 with, but since it has, it might as well be in a genus that goes along with
 what we know of it. Not Iguanodon, not a preoccupied genus. >>

And who knows, maybe someday we will find a dinosaur specimen from the
Exogyrenkalk of Holubitz, Bohemia (now Czech Republic, I believe--please
correct if wrong) whose tibial endocast matches the Ponerosteus exogyrarum
specimen, and the genus Ponerosteus will no longer be a nomen dubium.