Re: CORRECTION Tiny Jurassic mammal

Ken Kinman wrote:
> Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if there were
> even smaller mammals in the humid tropics of the Mesozoic.

There are some pretty small monotreme teeth known from south eastern Australia,
living in "polar" conditions during the EC. The Teinolophos trusleri tooth most
closely resembles that of Steropodon galmani, although it is only 22% the size.
Monotremes are supposed to have lower metabolic rates than placentals in
general, and here was a tiny species living within the polar circle.

GIS Archaeologist           http://dannsdinosaurs.terrashare.com