_T. shirt_

Loyal Dinolisters,

The lack of discussion about the DML t-shirts does not mean that the idea has
been abandoned.  (A thank you to Waylon Rowley for his initial most-excellent
idea.)  Dino List Central has been in preliminary negotiations with
PaleoArtisans on producing the shirts and fulfilling the orders, so that
would eliminate some of the hassles we identified.

What we do need to know is how many people will actually order (and pay for)
the shirts.  Right now, it seems that we should be able to offer a quality
DML t-shirt for less than $10 US, including a contribution to a
paleontological cause and domestic shipping.  Shipping to other countries
would be somewhat more, so we would also need to know how many shirts would
be ordered by DML subscribers outside the U.S.

Additionally, we want subscribers to be thinking of logo designs to submit,
since the winning entry will be awarded a monetary prize.  The design should
reflect the spirit and purpose of the dinosaur list (an Internet list devoted
to the scientific discussion of dinosaurs), but should also be simple enough
to transfer well onto a t-shirt.  Overly busy, detailed, multicolored designs
may not work as well as a less elaborate drawing/logo.  We would probably
want to limit the color scheme to one or two colors, and the overall design
should look attractive on a white or light colored t-shirt.  We may also have
a url printed on the shirt.    More suggestions on guidelines are welcome

Subscribers who are fairly certain that they would order a DML t-shirt are
asked to write to me at mkirkaldy@aol.com, stating 1) how many t-shirts they
would want, 2) what size(s), and 3) the country in which they reside.  This
would give us a better idea of the quantities with which we are dealing and
help with the pricing structure. This is non-binding of course, and the
individual ordering process would take place through the company which is
awarded the contract.

The DML will not be profiting from this venture, but we do hope that we can
do some paleo good along with offering stylish attire.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com