Re: News coverage of "Hatcher", the Smithsonian _Triceratops_

In a message dated 5/27/01 4:29:33 PM EST, Danvarner@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 5/27/01 12:32:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
 Tompaleo@aol.com writes:

 << John Bell Hatcher is sort of an idol of mine. >>

     Me too. >>

Hatcher worked on dinosaurs right to the end. The day he died, his part of
the giant Ceratopsia (Hatcher, Marsh & Lull, 1907) manuscript was still in
the typewriter. He also found some of the first specimens of Tyrannosaurus
rex in the early 1890s. These are now at the Smithsonian and have yet to be
described, as far as I know, though I think they're mentioned in the
literature of the early 1900s.