Dragons Everywhere

       Two new books are out with similar titles:

       _Dragon Hunter: Roy Chapman Andrews and the Central Asiatic
Expeditions_by Charles Gallenkamp. Self-explanitory.

       _The Dragon Seekers: How an Extraordinary Circle of Fosslists
Discovered the Dinosaurs and Paved the Way for Darwin_ by Chris McGowan.
Looks very good. An account of Victorian antics with Mary Anning, Thomas
Hawkins, and Ol' Bug-Eyes himself, Richard Owen.

       I also spotted these three in Archaeology Magazine:

       _The Man Who Found the Missing Link: Eugene DuBois and his Lifelong
Quest to Prove Darwin Right_by Pat Shipman (author of _Taking Wing_).

       _Java Man: How Two Geologist's Dramatic Discoveries Changed Our
Understanding of the Evolutionary Path to Modern Humans_by ace dater, Carl
Swisher, Garniss H. Curtis, and Roger Lewin.

       _Adventures in the Bone Trade: The Race to Discover Human Ancestors in
Ethiopia's Afar Region_ Jon Kalb. And you thought dinosaur paleontologists
could be --- -----!
       A lot of books, too little money, and for God's sakes can we get those
@!@#$%! titles even longer?! DV