Re: Dragons Everywhere

On Tue, 29 May 2001 11:54:55
 Danvarner wrote:
>       Two new books are out with similar titles:
>
>       _Dragon Hunter: Roy Chapman Andrews and the Central Asiatic
>Expeditions_by Charles Gallenkamp. Self-explanitory.
>
>       _The Dragon Seekers: How an Extraordinary Circle of Fosslists
>Discovered the Dinosaurs and Paved the Way for Darwin_ by Chris McGowan.
>Looks very good. An account of Victorian antics with Mary Anning, Thomas
>Hawkins, and Ol' Bug-Eyes himself, Richard Owen.

While I haven't seen the Terrible Lizards book you mentioned, I do give a
hearty endorsement to McGowan's book.  I received my copy last week, and
although the price is a little steep, it is a very interesting read that
concentrates on the British fossil pioneers.  It is one of the better "history
of paleontology" books that I've seen.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY