Another question about Tyrannosaurs

I have a question concerning tyrannosaurs.  Are there one or two main branches of Tyrannosaur evolution, where one, in Asia, led to the larger tyrannosaur genera like Tarbosaurus and Tyrannosaurus, and the other, in North America, leading to the smaller tyrannosaurs, like Albertosaurus?  For some reason, (maybe I half recall reading this somewhere) I have been thinking that this was the way the tyrannosaurs developed.  I have since noticed that the phylogenies of the tyrannosaur family do not appear to bear the same concensus.  If I am correct, please tell me.  If I am not, please tell me.