Re: Longipteryx chaoyangensis (Aves, Enantiornithes?)

> I have a hard time buying the idea that contour and especially flight
feathers might fall out more easily than "fuzz".<

Me too.

>each flight feather required a tug-of-war between two pre-teens.<

I would think the flight feathers would most likely be the last to separate
because they are anchored very firmly to bone. Countour feathers are
anchored only in the integument and would therefore fall away as the the
tissue decomposed.

PTN