Re: Where did birds come from in their evolutional process?

Hi Tak

Can't comment on your actual question, but on what
your professor said, I believe that the extinct
marsupial "lions" of Australia evolved from
herbivores. Because of this they had no canine teeth,
but had highly modified cheek teeth, one on each side
of the upper jaw(?). They were a long blade running
along the gum line and ended at the front with a
canine like process.

cheers

Garth
--- Matsunari Takahiro