Re: Longipteryx chaoyangensis (Aves, Enantiornithes?)

Patrick Norton wrote-

> These were all flyers, so quill knobs should be expected. What I am
> anticipating is evidence of quill knobs on feathered theropods outside
> Avialae--those non-flying maniraptorans such as Protarchaeopteryx or its
> relatives.

Archaeopteryx and Caudipteryx definitely lack ulnar quill knobs.  The
specimens have been examined thoroughly and are well preserved.  Only
Rahonavis among non-pygostylian theropods has quill knobs to my knowledge.

Mickey Mortimer