Re: Longipteryx chaoyangensis (Aves, Enantiornithes?)

George Olshevsky wrote-

> I think Sankar Chatterjee found ulnar quill nodes of some sort on
Protoavis.
> Also there are traces of ulnar quill nodes in Avimimus. Please check.
(These
> observations are probably debatable.)

You're right about Protoavis- there are four supposed quill knobs on the
ulna.  It's uncertain position and similarity to megalancosaurs and
coelophysoids in some areas made me forget about it while thinking of which
theropods have ulnar quill knobs.  Avimimus has a posterior ulnar ridge,
although Kurzanov thought it may have supported feathers like knobs do.  It
might be interesting to note Confuciusornis, Nanantius? valifanovi,
Concornis, Iberomesornis and Neuquenornis also lack quill knobs.

Mickey Mortimer