Fw: Lost Dinos of Egypt nutshell

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:11 PM
Subject: Lost Dinos of Egypt nutshell

What is "The Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt?"  I guess I missed whatever previous discussion there was of that....

ES

In a nutshell, During the 2000, and then the 2001field expeditions of the Penn. expeditions to Egypt, The "Bahariya Dinosaur Project" team was underwritten and videotaped by a video production company, MPH, out of Cal.  The project was then picked up by Cosmos Studios (CEO Ann Druyan is Carl Sagan's widow) and has been sold for airing to the A&E network.  This production reviews the dinosaur finds of Dr. Ernst Stromer in the Bahariya Oasis in Egypt before WW I, their subsequent destruction in Munich in WW II, then Josh Smith, Dr. Peter Dodson and the Penn/Academy team's discovery of the new species in the February, 2000 field season.  The _Paralititan stromeri_ was uncovered and shipped back to the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia during our 2000 field season.  The paper will be published in "Science" tomorrow and the A&E production will be shown in two parts in the first quarter of 2002.
    Hope this helps,
    Patti

Patricia Kane-Vanni, Esq.
119 Bryn Mawr Ave.