Re: Dino placements...

In a message dated Thu, 1 Nov 2001  3:20:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Jaime A.
Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> writes:

> Mickey Mortimer (Mickey_Mortimer11@email.msn.com) wrote:
>
> <Why the complete lack of resolution in the Enigmosauria?>
>
>   Because the group has not been named, and is pretty much an internet name
> for the time being.

I think what Mickey meant was, why was the segnosaur-oviraptorosaur group
presented as an unresolved polytomy?  I would ask the same question, as, to the
best of my knowledge, it is widely agreed that _Caudipteryx_ is more closely
related to oviraptorids and caenagnathids than segnosaurs are.

--Nick P.