Re: Some thoughts on cladistics

Ken Kinman wrote:

It does not always make sense to classify an ancestor with all its descendants to the exclusion of that ancestor's close relatives (especially siblings).

I see what you mean. Sort of like putting _Archaeopteryx_ into a separate "Class Aves", and separating it from its kissing cousins in the Dromaeosauridae. Indeed, that wouldn't make any sense.

"Philidor" wrote:

Where're Tim and his gladius when you need them?

Sorry. I was busy rescuing Egyptian priestesses from the belligerent citizenry. Can't be everywhere at the same time.

;-)

Tim