Re: Some thoughts on AVES

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Ken Kinman wrote:

>      I understand that Mike, but if we put our cleverness thinking caps on,
> I think we can find an appropriate gap that will be stable even as it does
> fill in.  They did it with mammals a long time ago, and I think we can find
> a reasonably good equivalent for Aves.  Not all transitions are equally
> gradual, and the faster it happened the better.

Which mammalian character are you referring to? How could it have appeared
in a single mutation? What makes it "Class-worthy"?

I don't care how fast the "transition" is, it still has to occur in small
steps. Gaps are artifacts of preservation, nothing more.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
  BloodySteak             <http://www.bloodysteak.com>
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>