Re: "veloci-vulture"

It's only fair to point out that in the text below the illustration the artist explains that the unidentified "raptor" restoration is based on Bambiraptor material. The page is a bit confusing, I admit, since the skull depicted above the illustration is (I think) that of a V. mongoliensis.  Not that it's how I would depict Bambiraptor either.....

PTN

----- Original Message -----
From: Tracy L. Ford
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 3:55 PM
To: Dinonet
Subject: RE: "veloci-vulture"

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of aspidel@infonie.be
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 2:55 AM
To: The Dinosaur Mailing List
Subject: "veloci-vulture"

LOL: http://www.seismosaur.com/Case16.html

A _Velociraptor_ painted like a vulture!

As we speak about feathers...     Friendly - LJB.

That is one of the WORST illustrations Iâve seen of Velociraptor. Iâve volunteered to write a chapter in an up and coming SVP book about internet sites. This is a good candidate for who you canât trust everything you see or read on the internet. Deinonychus hunted in packs of 50 to 100! Where the %$##% did that come from?

Tracy L. Ford

P. O. Box 1171

Poway Ca  92074