Re: Syntarsus feathers

Mickey Mortimer (Mickey_Mortimer11@email.msn.com) wrote:

<I assume the "t-shaped neural arches" you're referring to are the expanded
spine tables of the
dorsal neural spines?  If so, remember these are present in troodontids and
dromaeosaurids as
well, but not Ceratosaurus.>

  These are not what spinal tables are. Note that the spinal table is the
platform, pretty much
level, at the base of the neural spine, between the zygapophyses. The distal
end of the neural
spine is what Rob Gay is referring to. The "t-shaped neural arch" is a confused
statement of a
distally transversely expanded neural spine, which is seen in animals that bear
paramedian dermal
ossicles; this includes Ceratosaurus, aetosaurs, crocodilians, etc.

=====
Jaime A. Headden