Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #176

In a message dated 11/3/01 4:28:44 PM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< It isn't good to just put two nouns next to one another. Maybe nomen
 dissertationis (name of...)? Nomen dissertatum (I have yet to dig out my
 Latin dictionary to find whether this wouldn't have some totally different
 meaning, respectively what dissertare means in the first place)? Nomen
 defensum (when the dissertation has been successfully defended)? I don't
 feel good at any of these (the latter might be confused with n.
 conservatum). >>

You're beginning to get a feel for the problem I have with the term nomen
dissertatio. But in English a noun can modify another noun, as in the term
"dissertation name," so why not in Latin...?