Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #176

In a message dated 11/4/01 11:33:49 AM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< P. S.: I understand you once emended *Aublysodon molnaris* Paul 1988 to *A.
 molnari*? Doesn't matter much, now that it's all *T. rex*, but the -is
 ending was totally correct, because Molnar ends in -ar like Caesar,
 exemplar, calcar etc. which all have -is in the genitive; -i is their dative
 ending. *A. molnari* must end as a misspelling/objective junior synonym.
 "Redde Molnari quae sunt Molnaris" ;-) >>

This is why Greg did it that way first, as far as I know. But since Molnar is
not a Latin name, the correct ICZN way to form the genitive is by adding the
suffix -i. Greg himself changed it in later printings of PDW.