RE: galloping indricotherium

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of T.
Mike Keesey
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 2:41 PM
To: -Dinosaur Mailing List-
Subject: Re: galloping indricotherium

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Ken Kinman wrote:

>     I'm sure it could gallop, like any other rhino.  And if a giraffe can
> gallop at 25 miles an hour, I bet Indricotherium could probably gallop
that
> fast, if not faster.  But I guess it would only gallop that fast in
> emergencies, like trying to avoid a dangerous predator (especially a pack
of
> hungry carnivores).

OOC, what kind of predator would take on an _Indricotherium_? (And isn't
_Paraceratherium_ the correct name?)

Perhaps a better question is, "Would an _Indricotherium/Paraceratherium_
*need* to gallop?" :)<<

Well, if it's the right season, and if it's the right hormonal balance (or
would that be the wrong balance?) it may not have a choice in the matter

: )

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074