Re: galloping Paraceratherium

In a message dated 11/4/01 11:32:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< I guess I'll have to start using the rather bland name Paraceratherium,
which appears to preoccupy the more distinctive name Indricotherium
(although I don't have to like it). >>

Hey, I was partial to "Baluchitherium" (i.e., when I first read about it
years ago). Of course, I was also somewhat elated when the Post Office issued
that stamp for "Eohippus" a few years back, despite the fact that
"Hyracotherium" apparently is what REALLY appears on its birth certificate...

Chip