Mesozoic landscaping

(Posted for Nathan Myhrvold, who is not currently subscribed.)
____

I'm building a new house, and for the landscaping I want to use Mesozoic plants
- plants dinosaurs would have had under foot, or the closest living relatives I
can find.  Since I live in Seattle, the plants need to tolerate frost and
occasional snow - the area is climate zone 8.  Another requirement is that the
plant be available - ideally from nurseries.

I am looking for recommendations of plants to use.

So far, I have spent the most time looking for trees, and I have a fair number
(see below).  Tree ferns are an important part of the Mesozoic flora that is
under represented in modern North America temperate flora.  Fortunately there
are tree ferns from Tasmania, New Zealand and South Africa that are cold
adapted.   Cycads are a similar challenge - most are tropical, but there are a
number that cold tolerant enough for my area.

I have spent less time on smaller plants.  Obviously, there are many small
ferns available, so I don't need help finding these.  I don't have any good
examples so far of primitive angiosperms - i.e. the first flowering plants.

I would appreciate any comments, or recommendations of other Mesozoic related
plants.  I am most interested in plants for which there is a strong fossil
evidence, ideally in association with dinosaurs.

Here are plants that I have already identifed:

Trees
====
Cercidiphyllum japonicum        Katsura
Araucaria araucana              Monkey Puzzle
Ginkgo biloba                   Gingkgo
Metasequoia glyptostroboides    Dawn Redwood
Cryptomeria Japonica            Japanese Cryptomeria

Tree Ferns
========
Dicksonia antarctica            Tasmanian Tree Fern
Cyathea dregei                  South African Tree Fern
Cyathea medullaris              Black Tree Fern
Cyathea dealbata                NZ National Plant
Dicksonia squarrosa             Wheki
Dicksonia fibrosa               Golden Tree Fern

Cycads
======
Macrozamia moorei               Moore's Cycad
Cycas revoluta                  Sago "Palm", King Sago
Cycas tiatungensis              Prince Sago, Emperor Sago
Dioon edule                     Virgin's Palm (cycad)
Dioon spinulosum                Giant Dioon
Encephalartos sp                South African Cycads

Other
====
Equisetum sp                    Horsetails

Since I am not on the mailing list at this time, could you reply to me at
nathanm@intven.com

Nathan