A New Cladistics-Oriented Kids Book!

Apologies if this is sent more than once.  Lycos is changing its format, and is
frequently messing things up.

Waiting on my doorstep today was a review copy of a new kids book that
introduces the concept of cladistics to second graders (at least that's the age
recommendation on the front)!  I see that Dr. Holtz (and Dr. Michael
Brett-Surman) were consultants on this book, titled Dinosaurs Alive: The
Dinosaur Bird Connection.  It's one of those great Step Into Reading volumes
that I loved as a kid (I only wish there was one on cladistics way back then).
Mike Skrepnick has illustrated the book with some really, really nice pictures
of Archaeopteryx, Hesperornis, Sinornithosaurus, and even Nomingia!

Kudos to Drs. Holtz and Brett-Surman and Mike Skrepnick for this really nice
looking volume.  I'm sure kids today are better off for having it!

And, while I'm at it, kudos to all list-members who contributed to the Armored
Dinosaurs.  Although I've only read part of it, I was very impressed with Tracy
Ford's paper on the Carlsbad ankylosaur.  There is also a really, really good
paper on ankylosaurid cranial ornamentation.  A much-overdue study, to say the
least.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY