Re: MORE ON MARTIN

In a message dated Thu, 8 Nov 2001  9:30:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

> BTW: must mention the fact that I got to see my first live
> _Cryptoprocta_ (fossa/fosa - pronounced 'foosh' according to some) at
> Marwell Zoo last week. To my amazement, they had four of the things.
> Like seeing a live thylacine.

Cool!  What is the current opinion on the relationships of the Madagascan
carnivores?  Since the wide acceptance of the Herpestidae/Viverridae split,
I've been assuming the Madagascans are retained in Viverridae, but I don't
really know.  Interesting bunch.

--Nick P.