Re: The Book Onslaught Continues

Any idea what the run down on the fossil species illustrated is?  I am guessing Santanachelys will be in it, having seen that on HP Benson's site, but what others?

Steve Brusatte <dinoland@lycos.com> wrote:

Another really good book has just been published: listmember Ronald Orenstein's Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins: Survivors in Armor. This book has a really nice chapter on turtle evolution, including a nice overview of the best specimens, possible evolutionary paths, and a discussion of Archelon (one of the coolest fossils I know of).

There is also some nice artwork by HPs Dan Varner and Dan Bensen.

And, if you're an environmental type, the final part of the book is for you. Even if you're not an environmental type, Ron makes it very clear that saving turtles should be a priority. However, I think many would agree that the really, really good art makes this book a "must have" for anyone intertested in fossil turtles.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geoci! ! ! ties.com/stegob