Re: The Book Onslaught Continues

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:03:02
 Morgan Churchill wrote:

>Any idea what the run down on the fossil species illustrated is?  I am
>guessing Santanachelys will be in it, having seen that on HP Benson's site,
>but what others?

Yep, Santanachelys, plus there are nice illustrations of Proganochelys (Varner,
I think), the pareiasaur Scutosaurus, the procolophonid Procolophon (a skeletal
diagram), the placodont Placodus, the placodont Placochelys, the placodont
Henodus, Calcarichelys (along with a Clidastes, drawn by Varner), Meiolania,
and Archelon.  I think those are all of them.  It's a very, very nice book.
There are hundreds of vivid photos of living turtles that are among the best I
have seen.

Steve