Re: Question about Archaeothyris

According to Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution by Carroll (1987)  archaeothyris is the earliest known pelycosaur in which the skull can be restored from the Middle Pennsylvanian.  Carroll also places the genus archeothyris in the family ophiacodontidae.

Is this information about archaeothyris still up-to-date?
Yes, according to the must-have book
Michael J. Benton: Vertebrate Palaeontology, 2nd edition, Chapman & Hall 1997.

10. Thou shalt resist the sweet temptations of the  E L E C T R O N  M I C R O S C O P E.  Remember that in this instrument everything first appears  E L E M E N T A R Y.  But not all  B O D I E S  which seem  E L E M E N T A R Y  can play  B A S E B A L L  with  E L E C T R O N S.