Gray Morrow

I am saddened to report the death on November 6, 2001, by self-inflicted
gunshot wound, of comic-strip artist and illustrator Dwight Graydon "Gray"
Morrow. Although not primarily known as a dinosaur illustrator, he frequently
drew dinosaurs in his comic strips and other artwork. I met him just once, at
a large Toronto Comic Convention back in the early 1970s (perhaps the 1970
Toronto Triple Fan Fair). He was 67, a very prolific artist with hundreds of
comic strips (particularly horror/monster strips for Warren Publications),
paperback book covers, movie posters, and other illustrations to his credit
starting in the mid-1950s.