Re: Khaan's paleoecology

In a message dated 11/11/01 11:47:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

<< Luc Bailly (aspidel@infonie.be) wrote:

<I'm beginning a _Khaan_ drawing, and I think I'll draw it in quite "steppic"
landscape, eating
_Gingkoales_ or conifer seeds.

Will it work like that?>

  No. The Ukhaa Tolgod locality is a dune field with outcroppings, most
likely, and would have
resembles parts of the northern Sahara, edges of ergs, with a little more
water. >>

       Ron Barber painted a terrific landscape of that subject at the
American Museum of Natural History. I can't find it on the web, but it's
reproduced on page 38 of Lowell Dingus' _Next of Kin_, a book about the
fossil halls at the AMNH that is a great resource, by the way.
       Maybe someone could send Luc a scan? DV