Re: Khaan's paleoecology

>From HP Jaime A. Headden <qilongia@yahoo.com>

> Diet is up to you. I would
> incorporate flesh into it, though, as it appears that there is more to
diet than eggs or plants as
> indicated from the jaws.

I'd imagine then snails or other molluscs across the rivers, as the jaws
were strong.

>From HP Nick Longrich: _Ephedra_!

Yeah, I've seen _Ephedra distachya_, this conifer-related (just a step to
the angiosperms) bizarre plant with red fruits, in the sand dunes in SW
France.

> Welwitschia-type plants?
I'll make a google research...

>From HP Dan Varner:

>        Ron Barber painted a terrific landscape of that subject at the
> American Museum of Natural History. I can't find it on the web, but it's
> reproduced on page 38 of Lowell Dingus' _Next of Kin_, a book about the
> fossil halls at the AMNH that is a great resource, by the way.
>       Maybe someone could send Luc a scan? DV

If someone has a jpg of this painting, I'd be happy. I'd like to draw
_Khaan_ in an accurate landscape.

Thanks to all of you for your reply.
Friendly - Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY.

ps: NYC: sad again...