Fw: _Karongasaurus_?

Jordan Mallon asked, "...does anyone out there in dino-land happen to know
what _Karongasaurus_ is, as potrayed in Karen Carr's site?:

http://www.karencarr.com/gallery_karangosaurus.html "

    Well, Karonga is a commercial center in Malawi, Africa.  I learned that
in Dr. Louis Jacob's QUEST FOR THE AFRICAN DINOSAURS, Vanguard Books, 1993,
ISBN 0-679-41270-0.  So, seeing from Karen Carr's site that it is a
sauropod, I suspect (since she has worked closely with Louis Jacobs) it
might be one recovered during Jacob's work in Africa.  If so, it possibly
was named after that book was published, because he does not mention that
name (or, I cannot find it in the index).  Or, perhaps it is as yet an
unpublished or 'unofficial' name, or one that hasn't been widely publicized.

Ray Stanford