Re: dinosaur digestion

Greetings,
I was reading The Scientific American Book of Dinosaurs yesterday, particularly the illustration demonstrating the size difference between an Argentinosaurus baby and an adult. The caption points out that full adult size was achieved in only a few decades. I also recall reading about how some researchers are puzzled over the ability of the environment to support such large plant eaters(especially if they were warm blooded). Could it be possible that dinosaurs were able to digest their food more efficently than mammals? Could dinosaurs possibly have converted more of what they ate into body tissue and excrete less waste than mammals? Although I've never really investigated animal waste to a great degree(insert sick joke here), it seems that birds excrete less waste than mammals of similar size. Has any research been done in this area? Or has this possiblity already been ruled out?
Thanks to whoever responds.
                                                                  Brian Buck
"Just for the record, thirty years ago they never found any corpse..."
Raymond Burr: Godzilla 1985