Re: First feathered dinosaur image

Greg,
I dug in my files and came up with a xerox of a drawing of coelurus with a
complete covering of feathers rendered as modern contour-feather like
objects. Sadly, the page come loose from whatever other pages I had that
identified the book and date. I recall the section of the University of
Washington library where I found the book while looking for other things. I
believe it was a translation of a German textbook on evolution, though the
exact date of publication has slipped my mind. Vaguely, I recall being
impressed that it was really old, like 1960s or 1950s, but I'm not sure. In
fact, I suppose 1976 would have seemed old.
   Maybe someone else's memory will be jogged by this note, and they can
identify the book and date. Otherwise, I would have to go scour the UW's
stacks, with only a vague notion where to look.
-Tom Hopp