Re: Velociraptor carpus

> Not the first time I've seen these pictures, but I
> just noticed the little "lip" on the _Archaeopteryx_
> manual unguals in this picture:
> http://www.pnas.org/content/vol96/issue9/images/large/pq0890433002.jpeg
> Is this significant in any way? Perhaps in regards to
> a closer relationship with the Oviraptorosauria? Just
> wondering.....

AFAIK "enigmosaurs" have much larger "lips", and I think some other
theropods have "lips" too, but I forgot which ones.

Those with a special sense of humour should have a look at the article that
cites the above one, namely,
http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/96/9/4740 -- I've said onlist that
Feduccia is still a scientist, however good or bad the science he produces;
to be honest, I'm not sure of this anymore. :-(