Re: Velociraptor carpus

HP David Marjanovic wrote:

> AFAIK "enigmosaurs" have much larger "lips", and I
> think some other theropods have "lips" too, but I
> forgot which ones.

     Do you know what these lips were for? Did they
enhance the flexion/extension of the ungual or
indicate the size of the keratinous sheath that
covered the claw?

> Feduccia is still a scientist, however good or bad
> the science he produces; to be honest, I'm not sure
> of this anymore. :-(

   Well, of the hundreds of professional
paleontologists, there's bound to be a few crazies.
He's taken his bizarre viewpoint to the extreme.

Cheers,
Waylon Rowley