Re: Ingenia and Citipati, and a Note on the Nakasato Museum Website

Thanks to Waylon,

  On the subject of *Citipati*'s hypodigm: I would also question the reference
of the embryonic
oviraptorid to *Citipati* on the basis of locality and the dorsally vertical
premaxilla.
*Oviraptor mongoliensis* ("Rinchenia") also bears this, and other features that
may suggest
affinities to either *Oviraptor* or *Citipati*, but in the robustness of the
skull best to
*Oviraptor*, that would make the feature of the premax a prevalent
"oviraptorine" cranial feature
which _one_ form of oviraptorid (GI 100/42) may have reversed or modified: the
crest projects
rostral to the premaxillary margin, and the premaxilla is not either "vertical"
or well above 90
degrees to the long axis of the horizontal of the jugal. For the moment, I
would suggest that the
nesting oviraptorid be the only constituent of the hypodigm to *Citipati*.

=====
Jaime A. Headden