Re: about Ned and dino-gazette for kids

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:33:16
 aspidel wrote:
>Dear dino-listers,
>
>Last sunday, I found on the market about 20 "old" (early '90s) french
>dino-gazettes for kids; I paid 200 FB (about 4$) for all.
>There's some interesting stuff (a photo of a mounted partial
>_Streptospondylus_ skel).
>There're also facts about paleontologists; among them, a short story about Ned
>Colbert and the Ghost Ranch _Coelophysis_.

Yeah, the French have produced some very quality paleo materials.  When I was
in France earlier this year I picked up a cool little science magazine (Science
et Vie).  The issue was totally dedicated to paleontology, and included a load
of information on all types of fossils, ranging from a bunch of Vendian stuff
to Tertiary/Pleistocene specimens (like the famous Durfort and Montpellier
specimens from France).  It was something like 160 pages long, and probably had
over 300 photos...and it was only 2-3 American dollars.  If I only knew how to
read French better...

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY