From: "Steve  Brusatte" <dinoland@lycos.com>
To: aspidel@freegates.be, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: about Ned and dino-gazette for kids
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:14:05 -0600

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:33:16
aspidel wrote:
>Dear dino-listers,
>
>Last sunday, I found on the market about 20 "old" (early '90s) french dino-gazettes for kids; I paid 200 FB (about 4$) for all.
>There's some interesting stuff (a photo of a mounted partial _Streptospondylus_ skel).
>There're also facts about paleontologists; among them, a short story about Ned Colbert and the Ghost Ranch _Coelophysis_.

Yeah, the French have produced some very quality paleo materials. When I was in France earlier this year I picked up a cool little science magazine (Science et Vie). The issue was totally dedicated to paleontology, and included a load of information on all types of fossils, ranging from a bunch of Vendian stuff to Tertiary/Pleistocene specimens (like the famous Durfort and Montpellier specimens from France). It was something like 160 pages long, and probably had over 300 photos...and it was only 2-3 American dollars. If I only knew how to read French better...

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob