RE: Pterosaur Help

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Michael Hanson
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 9:40 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Cc: Dinogeorge@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pterosaur Help

    Now I have 46 species excluding misspellings and including junior and
senior subjective synonyms! But I still have O. wiedenrothi, O. cuvieri, and
O. validus. I still need Nyctosaurus, Rhamphorhynchus, Scaphognathus,
Cycnorhamphus, Dimorphodon, Tupuxuara, and Campylognathoides. I could also
use information on Dorygnathus, Tupuxuara and Domeykodactylus. Could O.
validus be a senior subjective synonym of Doratorhynchus?
    Thanks,
        Michael
No offense, but it sounds like you want all the Pterosaurs. First you just
started with Ornithochirus, then you keep moving on to all the others. Why not
just say that in the first place? I'm working on huge taxa list, but I don't
know when or where it will be published, maybe New Mexico some time next year.
It's a lot of hard work (and others like George who got me started on the other
Paleozoic and Mesozoic tetrapods) should freely give out the information
gathered (which can't really be found anywhere else) or should we get some
compensation for it.

This actually brings up a dilemma I'm having. I'm thinking the best way to
distribute my lists (Name, holotype, locality, horizon, material and referred
material, and hopefully as the years go by fully illustrated) would either be
on a CD or I'm thinking a pay web site. Would the latter be feasible for
laypersons and scientists?

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074