From: "Tracy L. Ford" <dino.hunter@home.com>
To: "Dinonet" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: Pterosaur Help

Michael Hanson
> Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 9:40 AM
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Cc: Dinogeorge@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Pterosaur Help
>
>     Now I have 46 species excluding misspellings and including junior and
> senior subjective synonyms! But I still have O. wiedenrothi, O. cuvieri,
and
> O. validus. I still need Nyctosaurus, Rhamphorhynchus, Scaphognathus,
> Cycnorhamphus, Dimorphodon, Tupuxuara, and Campylognathoides. I could also
> use information on Dorygnathus, Tupuxuara and Domeykodactylus. Could O.
> validus be a senior subjective synonym of Doratorhynchus?
>     Thanks,
>         Michael
> No offense, but it sounds like you want all the Pterosaurs. First you just
started with Ornithochirus, then you keep moving on to all the others. Why
not just say that in the first place? I'm working on huge taxa list, but I
don't know when or where it will be published, maybe New Mexico some time
next year. It's a lot of hard work (and others like George who got me
started on the other Paleozoic and Mesozoic tetrapods) should freely give
out the information gathered (which can't really be found anywhere else) or
should we get some compensation for it.

> This actually brings up a dilemma I'm having. I'm thinking the best way to
distribute my lists (Name, holotype, locality, horizon, material and
referred material, and hopefully as the years go by fully illustrated) would
either be on a CD or I'm thinking a pay web site. Would the latter be
feasible for laypersons and scientists?