Re: Feduccia's delusion

> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:51:09 -0800 (PST)
> From: ekaterina A <a_ekaterina@yahoo.com>
>
> I wonder if any of you all took a look at Feduccia's recent letter
> in the Nature tabloid. I am not a paleontologist yet I was amazed by
> how he managed to get something so subjective published as a piece
> of science.
> [...]
> It looks as though the absudrities of this man do not stop with
> negating the true phylogeny of birds.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only person on the DML who feels
uncomfortable with this sort of personal attack?  I freely admit that
I lack the background to judge the quality of Feduccia's science, but
surely no-one seriously thinks he's trying to propogate ideas ideas
which he knows to be untrue?  From the vitriol of some comments on
this list, you'd like that's what he was doing.

I've hesitated to say this, because _contra_ Robert Tuck's claim, I
know that _I_ am the the least of the HPs on the list.  Still.  I'd
not be happy with myself if I didn't say anything.

(OK, that's it.  Now I'm going to hide under a stone.)

)_v__/\  "Debugging?  Klingons do not debug.  Our software does not
         coddle the weak." -- Klingon Programming Mantra