CALL FOR PAPERS
Southwest Paleontological Symposium
January 19th 2002
The Mesa Southwest Museum and the
Southwest Paleontological Society welcomes submissions to their annual
Southwest Paleontological Symposium. Contributions will be published in a
special issue of the Bulletin of the Mesa Southwest Museum. Authors may submit
abstracts, notes or short papers. Past participants have stated a preference
for notes or short papers.
Our theme is "Southwestern
Paleontology" but we welcome contributions from adjacent areas or on
general paleontology topics. Original research or review articles from
professionals and avocationalists are welcome as well as articles on preparation
and paleontology in art, education, etc. All articles will be reviewed. As
before, presentations may either be in the form of poster session or platform
1. Abstracts for all papers must be submitted by November 30, 2001.
2. Manuscript submission must be received by January 19, 2001.
3. Students wishing to be considered for the "Best Student Paper
Award" should indicate so with their submission.
4. Indicate platform or poster session and if you will be submitting a
5. Manuscript submissions should be made with three hardcopies.
6. Abstracts should be in the style of the Geological Society of America. Notes
and short papers should be in the style of the Journal of Paleontology. Authors
requiring these instructions may contact the symposium coordinator.
7. All professionals and students are requested to provide the names, addresses
and telephone numbers of at least two qualified reviewers not directly
affiliated with the author(s).
Symposium Coordinator: Dr. Robert McCord
Mesa Southwest Museum
53 North Macdonald St.
Mesa, Arizona 85201