HYPSELORHACHIS

Hi all. Have just returned from being on holiday so I think this post is
about two weeks late, but what the hell.

_Hypselorhachis mirabilis_ from the Manda Fm was mentioned
recently on the list. I happened to be going through some stuff on
Triassic archosaurs recently and chanced upon Bernard Krebs' 1969
paper '_Ctenosauriscus koeneni_ (v. Huene), die Pseudosuchia und die
Buntsandstein-Reptilien' (_Eclogae Geologicae Helveticae_ 62, 697-
714). Krebs' discusses _H. mirabilis_ and suggests that it is a
ctenosauriscid archosaur allied to _Ctenosauriscus_. The name _H.
mirabilis_ can apparently be attributed to Charig in Appleby et al. 1967
(this is the Reptilia section from Harland et al. (_The Fossil Record_)).

Incidentally, there is also discussion in this paper of _Teleocrater
rhadinus_ (also Charig in Appleby et al. 1967) and the Teleocrateridae.
I recall that at the 1998 SVP meeting in Denver there was a poster
about _Ctenosauriscus_: haven't had time to check the abstract vol for
this.

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH
Burnaby Building
Portsmouth UK                          tel (mobile): 0776 1372651
P01 3QL                                tel (office): 023 92842244
                                       www.palaeobiology.co.uk