Re: Ouranosaurus - ossified tendons

From: "Jonathan R. Wagner" <jonathan.r.wagner@mail.utexas.edu>

> Does anyone know of bona fide documentation of ossified tendons in
> Ouranosaurus nigeriensis? I have checked through Taquet's description
> several times, but my French isn't fantastic, so it could be in there
> somewhere. I am looking for documentation, or personal observation,
> preferably including information on the pattern preserved and their extent
> through the skeleton... "so-and-so coded it as having ossified tendons"
> isn't really going to be much help. Of course, I'm grateful for most
> anything.

Dear HP Jonathan,

Try always the description and refs on Palaeos:
http://www.palaeos.com/Vertebrates/Units/320Ornithischia/700.html#Ouranosaur
us

Taquet's reconstruction I found doesn't show them:
http://palaeo-electronica.org/1999_2/books/taquet/fig2.htm
but Bailey's, yes:
http://home.houston.rr.com/vnotes/Images.B/OuranosaurusB4.gif

Cheers - Aspidel.