Re: dinosaur vision

REPLY: Mickey Rowe's brilliant elucidation is referred
to me in my own book-in-progress in several instances,
and I have long hoped he would collaborate with Kent
Stevens et al. on a monograph on all of the data which
can be obtained from dinosaur skulls re: vision. In
England, to be sure, the work of one scholar on the
vision of living dinosaurs is pivotal for any work on
pre-K/T inferences.
To your list of the works of Ryosuke Motani, I would
add his 1997  Phylogeny of the Ichthyosauria (Amniota:
Reptilia) with special reference to Triassic
forms.Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. Toronto, 384pp. I am
not sure which issue of Scientific American you are
referring to, but my copy states 283(6):30-37.