Re: The Birds

Yup... Corvids are very susceptible to West Nile and have a super high
mortality rate. Here in Texas we have the same sort of thing happen as with
your crows... Huge flocks of starlings descend on the middle of town after
sunset right outside of Texas A&M. The sky is filled with them. When I visited
the Dallas Museum of Nat History a few months back, there was an alarming
number of dead birds outside of the building. Three blue jays and two grackles.
That's abnormal to say the very least. I think part of it had to do with there
being this swampy pond on the museum grounds. Great mosquito nursery. But, as
far as I can tell, asking the guys in the bio department, the crows and
grackles here are doing just fine, even though dead birds have tested positive
for West Nile in the area.

Kris