Cearadactylus

Regarding Cearadactylus as a gnathosaurine ctenochasmatid ctenochasmatoid.

Dave Peters wrote:

>This will surprise many.

Not if they read my papers it won't. I've suggested this a couple of times, see
for example Unwin et al. 2000. On the systematic and stratigraphic significance
of pterosaurs from the Lower Cretaceous Yixian Formation (Jehol Group) of
Liaoning, China. Mitteilungen Museum für Naturkunde Berlin,
Geowissenschaftlichen Reihe, 3, 181-206 fig 4, and Unwin, 2001, An overview of
the pterosaur assemblage from the Cambridge Greensand (Cretaceous) of Eastern
England. Mitteilungen Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Geowissenschaftlichen
Reihe, 4, 189-222, p. 216.

Then he wrote:

>If the work is published,

Yes it is.

Then came:

>can you summarize or provide the important distinguishing characters?

I could, but I won't. If you are interested in this subject you need to read
all the paper. So I'll send you a reprint.

Cheers

Dave

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Institut fur Palaontologie, MUSEUM FUR NATURKUNDE
Zentralinstitut der Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43, D-10115 Berlin, GERMANY

Email: david.unwin@rz.hu-berlin.de

Telephone numbers:
0049 30 2093 8577 (office)
0049 30 2093 8862 (department secretary)
0049 30 2093 8868 (fax)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx